My ideal environment for development includes CVS for revision control and Bugzilla for bug reporting/tracking. Invariably, most “cross-platform” shops are running SourceSafe. SourceSafe is compelling for a number of reasons:
- It’s integrated into Micosoft’s Visual Studio
- It comes with Visual Studio (no extra cost)
- It’s easy to use and very fast
Now, unfortunately, a Mac developer’s point of view is somewhat different:
- It used to be integrated into CodeWarrior, but not any more
- The standalone tool for MacOS 9 costs quite a bit
- It’s dead slow
So what I would like to know is is there something that integrates CVS into a Windows IDE really nicely?
Are there web sites that might help evangelize CVS in a Windows shop?